Monday, July 7, 2014

I DROPPED THE BALL

No, I don't even think that I dropped it. I think I tossed it to the ground and kicked it away. I haven't been able to sort out all the feelings and experiences that have been filling my days...and weeks. So months have passed and I haven't fulfilled the promise that I made to myself to blog regularly. My spiritual practices have fallen to the wayside. I've had very little exercise. I haven't been practicing good self-care. In fact, I'd say my behavior often has looked more self-destructive...especially on those days that being kind to this body would have been the logical choice. Why is it that when I need it the most, I turn my back on that which, I know from past experience, can help me back out of the mire and darkness that my heart and soul is sinking in? What will it take to turn this behavior around? 

Do you know what I'm talking about? 

What do YOU do to "snap out of it"? 

How do YOU get yourself back into a rhythm that is more healthy and healing and anything less than harmful?  

4 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration to others. <3 this blog ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do understand and, sadly, it typically takes a 2 x 4 of some sort to snap me out of it. Talking with my husband or picking up the phone and calling a trusted friend helps if I have the good sense to do that before the 2 x 4 hits :) It is good to hear your voice again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to be finding time and space to use my voice once again!

      Delete